Friday, September 11, 2009

It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since the September 11 attacks. I remember waking up for a day of student teaching and turning on the kitchen TV to the "Today Show" like I did every morning. I saw the 1st tower burning and it didn't register what was happening. I thought it was something goofy on NBC, so I changed the channel and it was on the next channel too. As I changed back to the "Today Show" the 2nd plane hit... the emotions were and still are indescribable. I remember calling Louis and waking him up, I remember praying, I remember going to class that day and seeing the innocent faces of my 2nd graders, I remember seeing the towers fall. Most of the day is a blur, but I remember when the plane hit. I'll never forget that. As the stories came out later, I felt overwhelming sadness and anger. I still do. I heard this song a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time. It made me cry when I heard it and it made me cry again when I posted it. I thought you'd want to hear it too. God bless the people who lost their lives that day. God bless the people who are still fighting and protecting us today. We will never forget.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: